This is a more advanced Ruby code sample to show how to send a fax with a large document. This code sample is based on the Ruby library for InterFAX available on Github.
This sample demonstrates how to upload a large file to InterFAX using the Document component and then sending a fax to a single recipient while referencing that previously uploaded file - all you need to do in order to change it is to provide a different fax number and a different path to the files that you would like to send. You can also change the size of the chunk that you will be uploading the file with.
# read the file to send file = File.open('test.pdf', 'rb') # create a new InterFAX Document document = interfax.documents.create( 'test.pdf', file.size ) # upload each chunk cursor = 0 while !file.eof? chunk = file.read(500) next_cursor = cursor + chunk.length # upload a specific chunk document.upload(cursor, next_cursor-1, chunk) cursor = next_cursor end # send the fax interfax.outbound.deliver( # a valid fax number faxNumber: "+11111111112", # the document URI file: document.uri )
You can check on the status of this fax by following this sample code.
- Please review our system limitations for number of pages allowed per fax and the total size of upload allowed.
- Please review our instructions on formatting a fax number.
- Please review our list of supported file types.
- Please review our list of web service error codes.
- Please review our enhanced security documentation on sending faxes with credit card data or with medical data.