Callbacks Question

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, 26 Apr 2016 20:11
Anonymous (not verified)

Callbacks Question

For callbacks/web feedback, are there any examples of successful and unsuccessful responses? Also If I were to set a retry amount in my account, and it were to fail, will I receive a callback for each time it retries? Or does it only send on the final try?

Thanks!

Wed, 27 Apr 2016 09:01
Eyal N

The number of retries is for sending the email. The process of sending the callback is set where we try to send the request to the callback URL once every 2 minutes for 1 hour.
I am sorry, but we do not have examples of the request that will arrive to you in the callback - it will be all of the fields of the fax information.

Wed, 27 Apr 2016 15:13
leorojas22 (not verified)

Ah just so I'm clear, when logged in, under the Outgoing settings >> Sending Properties is "Number of attempts to perform" and "Time between retries". Those settings have to do with sending the callback? Not the fax?

Thu, 28 Apr 2016 15:02
Eyal N

I am sorry - but there is some confusion between both requests. All options in the outgoing preferences are regarding the fax transmission itself. The processes of delivering the emails and the callback is set and cannot be changed.

Thu, 28 Apr 2016 15:29
leorojas22 (not verified)

Ok, so then regarding the number of attempts the fax makes. Do I receive a call back each time an attempt is made? So for example, on the first attempt, the fax comes back as busy. The second time, the fax goes through. Am I receiving a callback for both the time it was busy and the time it was successful?

Fri, 29 Apr 2016 07:51
Eyal N

All feedback options (mail, callback) are only triggered once all processing of the fax is completed.
While the fax is going through its attempts, you will not receive any feedback from InterFAX - and if you check the status of the fax via the API, you will see that the status will remain in "sending" (-3) for the duration of processing the fax.

Contact us today

Talk to a member of our team about the benefits InterFAX can bring to your organization's communications processes.

Contact us today