-1008 Error when using Unicode characters instead of Html Entities

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:08
Anonymous (not verified)

-1008 Error when using Unicode characters instead of Html Entities

I am using the sendfax_ex_2 method, sending Base64-encoded HTML. Occasionally, a fax will fail with error -1008. I have determined that the failing faxes are ones containing Unicode characters. Specifically I have confirmed that: ® , ñ , and é will cause the -1008 failure. I have also figured out that replacing these characters with their HTML entity form (® , ñ , and é respectively) will alleviate the error.

I suspect that this problem extends to the entire Unicode charset, but I have not tested it exhaustively.
I include an encoding meta tag:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

I calculate the FileDataSize before encoding and this calculation works perfectly well when these troublesome unicode characters are not present (95% of the time everything is OK).

Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:40
Eyal N

Hello,
I am sorry for the inconvenience. Can you submit another such fax to the system and then we can investigate the logs to see what could be causing this issue?

In general, error -1008 means that there is a difference between the size of the binary data that was submitted in the request and the total file size provided.
I would recommend trying to calculate the size of the binary data after encoding.

Contact us today

Talk to a member of our team about the benefits InterFAX can bring to your organization's communications processes.

Contact us today