Interfax Communications Ltd. is ISO 27001 certified for information security, joining a select list of companies, which includes Xerox, Pfizer and Vodafone, in having received this accreditation by Certification Europe.
Below are some commonly asked questions regarding ISO 27001 and Interfax's certification.
What is ISO 27001 certification?
ISO 27001 is the internationally recognized and respected standard that evaluates if a company is following information security best practices. This completely neutral standard applies an exacting, risk-based approach to determine the security of data in an organization, assessing IT structure, processes and people.
What did Interfax need to do to achieve ISO 27001 certification?
Interfax underwent a rigorous audit of our information security management system, our processes, and our staff, who are trained in information security and data protection.
How difficult is it to get ISO 27001 certification?
It can be difficult, since it requires a three-stage process. If companies meet ISO 27001 standards, they are certified for three years. After that time, they must re-certify.
Can I rely on companies that say they are ISO 27001 certified?
Unfortunately, many companies may say they are ISO 27001 certified, but actually rely on the certification of external data center companies, which of course does not extend to the companies’ own information security management system and staff. Our ISO 27001 certification covers Interfax's entire operation. See more by clicking here.
How does ISO 27001 certification benefit me?
Companies who prioritize investment in information security practices and ISO 27001 certification provide you with the assurance that we protect customer data, 24/7.
- It ensures that Interfax handles data exchange in a safe environment
- It provides the confidence that ISO 27001’s stringent requirements meet PCI DSS Level 1 standards, which we are accredited for, and EU GDPR, which we are compatible with -- even though no official certification is required for the latter
- It enables consistent service delivery: no disruptions
- It eliminates the weakest link in data breaches -- human error -- by building a corporate culture of “security first”
- It manages and minimizes risk exposure
Find out more on our ISO 27001 certification page.