Sending a fax from Microsoft Dynamics CRM using Interfax is easy:
Add your email address to Interfax allowed senders. In order to do that, go to the Interfax Control Panel, click on Preferences and then on Outgoing.
Actions within Microsoft Dynamics
- In the Navigation Pane, click Workplace and then click Activities
- On the Activities tab, click E-mail
- On the E-mail tab, enter the following information:
- From - Locate and select the sender's name: Interfax registered address which is automatically added as the sender ID.
- To - Enter the destination fax number: The format of the number is [area code][fax number]@ fax.tc (e.g. to send a fax to fax number 7766554 in NYC, you must insert the following phrase: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Subject - Type a subject for your message.
To attach a file
- Save the activity
- Click on the Attach File button
- In the Add Attachment dialog box, click Browse to locate the file that you want to attach.
- Click Attach
To send the message immediately, click Send.
The message is sent and the new closed activity appears in Microsoft Dynamics CRM in the Activities area with an assigned message number appended to the subject. The Fax will send within a few minutes
- OR -
To send the message at a later time, click Save and Close. The new draft activity appears in Microsoft Dynamics CRM in the Activities area. You can delete draft messages.
After you save your e-mail message as a Microsoft Dynamics CRM e-mail activity, the saved message can be accessed by anyone who has access to your activities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.