InterFAX allows customers the ability to send faxes from any standard email software, such as Outlook or Thunderbird, or via web based email services such as Gmail or Yahoo! Mail.
Please follow the steps below, using the email service of your choice, to send a fax using the InterFAX email to fax service:
1. Verify your allowed senders
In order to link your email address with your InterFAX user, the email address you would like use to submit faxes from needs to be an ‘Allowed Sender’ in your settings.
The email address you used to register with InterFAX is automatically added as an allowed sender, however any number of allowed senders can be added through your account.
To manage your Allowed Senders, please log in and select ‘Advanced Settings / Outgoing Options / Allowed Emails’.
2. Compose an email and verify the destination number
On a basic level, in order to fax from email, start by open a new mail message and in the ‘To:’ field of your email simply enter the correctly formatted fax number followed by the extension ‘@fax.tc’.
The extension ‘@fax.tc’ allows the submission to access our servers, however the fax number itself can be formatted in a number of ways depending on where the fax is being sent from, as well as its destination.
For further information regarding the correct formatting of fax numbers, please visit the support section - here.
3. Add your message and/or attachments
There are a number of options for adding content to be faxed:
- Enter the content to be faxed into the message body directly.
- Attach standard files such as ‘.DOC’ or ‘.PDF’, without text in the email body.
- Attachments are then faxed in their order of attachment.
- Fax both the email body text and attachment(s).
- Type your text, attach your document(s) and add ‘/b’ (forward-slash b) to the end of the email subject line to include the email body text as a first (cover) page.
For a complete list of supported file types, please visit the support section here.
4. Send your fax
Once you click send, your email is sent to InterFAX where it is automatically converted into a faxable format and sent to the destination number specified.
Outgoing faxes you have sent by email look just like regular mail items in your sent items and you can receive confirmation email messages with the success/failure status of the fax transmission.
Additionally, you can log in and view your outgoing fax queue using the InterFAX control panel.
5. Following the progress of your fax
Please log in to the InterFAX online control panel and click on the ‘Sent Items’ tab, this will show a list of all sending and sent messages, the details of each transmission and advanced options for individual messages.
6. Advanced Email-to-Fax Features
InterFAX offers a variety of advanced features such as deferred fax transmission, page orientation, resolution adjustment and more. For further information please see the support guides here.