The Internet fax service from InterFAX lets you send a fax from email programs without having to install a fax modem or any fax server. Follow these four steps to send your first Internet fax from your email:
Step One: Open New Message and Verify 'From' Address
1. Open a new email message:
2. Verify that the 'From:' address is an allowed sender: The address with which you registered to InterFAX is automatically added as an allowed sender. If needed, any number of allowed senders can be added through your account. To do this, log into your account, select Preferences > Outgoing, and under "Sending Permissions" add/edit/delete allowed senders.
Step Two: Type Your Destination Number and Subject Line
3. Type the recipient's number in the "To:" field:
For example: To send a fax to a US number in New York City, type:
If you fax outside your country, use the international code as you would do normally.
For example: To send a fax from the UK to a number in the USA, type:
If you send a fax from the US outside your country, use the international code as follows:
For example: To send a fax from the USA to a number in the UK, type:
4. Type a subject line: The subject line is not faxed, but is visible to you in your outbound fax queue screen.
Step Three: Type Your Message and/or Add Attachments
Step Four: Send Your Fax
Click Send. Your email is sent to InterFAX, where it automatically gets converted into a fax and sent to the destination number. Outgoing faxes you have sent by email look just like regular mail items in your Sent Items box. You can receive a confirmation email message about success/failure of the fax. Additionally, you may view the outgoing fax queue through our web-based interface.
Following the Progress of Your Fax
- Login to your InterFAX account using your username and password.
- Select Fax Queues, then Outbound Queue. A list will appear showing all of your recently sent faxes and their current status.
- From this screen, a fax may also be resent, displayed, or hidden.
Advanced Email-to-Fax Features
InterFAX offers a variety of advanced features, such as deferred fax transmission, or changing the page orientation to landscape. For these and more, see the InterFAX Email Interface Reference.